Meet Kathleen Johnson
Academy of Dental Mgt. Consultants (ADMC) Founding Member: 1987
ADMC Participation: Membership at Large 00/02
Member: American Dental Hygiene Association since 2004
Guest Lecturer: UCLA Dental School
West Coast University Hygiene School since 2011
President of Kathleen Johnson Consulting, a “hands on” in office dental management consulting firm dedicated to the principles of fair business practices, the management profession, and business ethics. Keeping abreast of current and burgeoning trends in dental insurance, management, and implementing those we believe will be most beneficial to our clients is vital to our business practice. Our goal is to create a patient centered practice, increase profitability, maximize software programs, training on how to go chartless and assist our clients in the role of CEO leadership.
Kathleen Johnson is a dental practice management and transition consultant with 40+ years in the dental field. Kathleen is known for her comprehensive on-site due diligence practice evaluations and chart review, and guiding the buyer.
Kathleen offers buyers transition consulting and coaching services, keys to a smooth transition with the team and patients. She has helped dentists confidently transition into retirement, assisting a new dentist with finding the “ideal practice,” or helping a dentist find new passion in her or his business, Kathleen provides the support and expertise dental professionals need to make it happen!
Areas of Expertise
- Practice evaluations and transitions,
- Insurance, Accounts Receivables Management, Team Building, Scheduling/Dealing with Difficult Patients, Communication / Facilitation, General Practice Management, In-Office Training, Insurance Billing, Coding & Reimbursement, Scheduling, Marketing, Communication & Team Building, Collections & Accounts Receivables Management
- Expert Witness in the Dental Field
- Bullet Proof Your Practice & Keys to Avoiding Embezzlement
- Create a Practice Masterpiece
- Navigating the Dental Transition Minefield
- Keys to Developing a Profitable Hygiene Department
- Guest Lecturer West Coast University, Hygiene Students since 2011
- Guest Lecturer U.C.L.A. School of Dentistry, Keys to Success after graduation
Kathleen has been published in dental magazines including the CDA Journal, Trojan Today, Middle East Dental Journal, British Dental Journal, and a contributor to Demystifying Smiles, Penn Well Books.
- Keys to Buying a Dental Practice and Successful Transition Planning Florida Dental Journal and the CDA Journal
- Cashing In - Middle East Dental Journal
- Trick or Treat: British Dental Journal -The treatment plan you always wanted but didn’t know you needed.
- How Wayne Gretzky Turned an Average Dentist into a Superstar: A Not- So-Fantastic Fable Contemporary Oral Hygiene
- Contributor-“Demystifying Smiles: A Resource for the Esthetic Team” Penn Well books